- 1 pound ground beef
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFrench Onion Tortellini Soup
"Added a box of beef broth rather than water, used a small can of tomato paste rather than tomatoes, used a pkg of lipton onion soup mix rather than canned, so added a cup of water, added a tsp of black pepper, cooked everything but the pasta for 15 min, then with pasta for 10 min. Not bland. Yummy."
"Good when in a hurry!"
"Made as directed, but substituted canned green beans for frozen. I thought it was very bland and kept adding more and more seasonings until it had a bit more flavor. Will not make again."
"I made this recipe just like the recipe said and it was bland."
"My Family loves this soup"
"Love this recipe! The only thing I changed was using canned green beans instead of frozen."
"I haven't tried it out yet, but can already see how tasty this will be. Double batch for sure! PS for the person wanting to add more tortellini, perfectly fine but you'll need to add more water and possibly will want to add another can of the soup to keep it from getting watery. As a side note, when I make beefy/oniony recipes, I change up 1-2 cups of water for red wine (box wine perfect). Makes the broth or gravy sweet and tangy :)"