Franks and Cornbread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 package (12 ounces) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the pork and beans, hot dogs, brown sugar, Worcestershire and mustard. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions; stir in cheese. Drop by spoonfuls onto bean mixture. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.
Jan 18, 2011
I made this with half the hot dogs called for and in a 7x11 pan; it overflowed. Next time, I will make it in a 9x13 pan and just have it skinnier. Tasted fine, but I think corn kernels in the corn bread topping would make it better.
Dec 4, 2010
I love this recipe! Whenever we have a package of hot dogs that need cooking up, I make this recipe. It's a big hit. One little thing I add is some crushed bacon. It just adds a little extra pizazz!
Jul 8, 2009
I agree with Jane2006. Why dooes Michigan girl even look at a recipe with hot dogs if she limits her sodium, or anything else. It sounds like a fun recipe and I can't wait to try it.tati0
Mar 10, 2009
Why would you even consider this recipe if you have special diet needs. Obviously, hot dogs are not a health food.
Feb 22, 2009
WHY IS ALL OF THE NUTRITIONAL INFO., BLANK? I COUNT ON THESE ITEMS FOR MY EVERYDAY EXISTENCE DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES!PLEASE UPDATE THIS RECIPE USING THESE FACTS.FOR INSTANCE, I KNOW THAT THE SODIUM WILL BE WAY UP THERE. PLEASE DO A THOROUGH POSTING IF YOU'RE GOING TO POST!