Kids will have as much fun helping make this all-in-one supper as they will have eating it! The noodles cook right in the skillet and it’s been a super-easy standby at Ruth Nolan’s home in San Jose, California for decades.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the hot dogs, tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, marjoram, garlic, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; add the noodles. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 385 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1445mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Supper Skillet Franks in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007