Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (1/3 cup each)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds miniature hot dogs or smoked sausage links
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the next 11 ingredients. Add lemon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard lemon slices. Place hot dogs in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until heated through, 18-20 minutes. Keep warm; serve with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 268 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2018
These wrre very easy to make and were a big hit. They were loved by kids and adults alike!
Feb 19, 2018
These were too vinegar tasting and smelling for our family. If I make them again, I would decrease the cider vinegar to 1/4 cup.
Aug 15, 2010
This is a great recipe. I love the tangy sauce. Whenever I make this, I have to double the recipe because my family loves them so much. I would encourage everyone to try and make this at least once....you won't regret it!