Kids will be glad to sip this cool and tangy treat, and you'll be glad to know it's full of good-for-you fruit! Besides the beverage's smooth taste, adults are sure to love its short preparation time. Notes Kathleen Tribble of Santa Ynez, California, "After cutting up the banana, processing the ingredients in a blender is all it takes."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 orange wedges, optional
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with an orange wedge if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 153 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Four-Fruit Smoothie in Crafting Traditions September/October 1999