Flavorful Salmon Fillets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 330 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 19, 2013
I didn't think I liked salmon until I tried this recipe. I can't say enough positive things about it. It was very moist and flavorful. My husband also loved it. I look forward to making this many times in the future. I've already passed the recipe around at work so everyone else can have the wonderful meal we enjoyed. I served it with baked potatoes and steamed carrots.
Jul 28, 2012
The salmon had lots of flavor. So happy to find this grill recipe.
Sep 22, 2009
Best salmon recipe I've ever had.
Jul 20, 2009
This salmon recipe has to be the best my husband and I have ever tasted. Cheers to whoever was the person who made it possible. We plan to use it lots in the future.