Flavorful Fryer Chicken
Marsha Murray says this tender chicken with its full-flavored sauce is a lifesaver on busy nights. "This entree is quick to prepare and uses ingredients I always have on hand," says the Niverville, Manitoba reader. "It has become a family favorite."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked rice
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine soup, orange juice and soup mix; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over potatoes or rice.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 313 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Flavorful Fryer Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.