Air Fryer Southern-Style Chicken
Total TimePrep:15 min. Cook: 20 min./batch
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 50)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Spritz the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Place egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then in cracker mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place a few pieces of chicken in a single layer in the prepared basket, spritz with cooking spray.
- Cook 10 minutes. Turn chicken and spritz with additional cooking spray; cook until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear, 10-20 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken: 410 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Aug 17, 2019
This is the easiest chicken recipe! I crushed the crackers in a sandwich bag for even less cleanup. I used 3 chicken breasts and one sleeve of crackers. I still had lots of crumbs left over so will probably use half that much next time. I cooked mine at 360 degrees for 10 minutes then turned and cooked an additional 5 minutes. The chicken was perfect and so moist!
May 20, 2019
It doesn't get easier than this! Chicken came out crispy outside - moist inside - delic throughout! Note: I minced my fresh parsley with the crackers and spices in the food processor and used two eggs just to be sure it was evenly coated.
Apr 7, 2019
Crispy, tasty, juicy fried chicken without all the mess and grease. Absolutely delicious and soooo very easy!