Air Fryer Southern-Style Chicken
I call this America’s best-loved air fryer chicken. The secret is in the breading, which makes the chicken super moist and flavorful, herby and golden brown. —Elaina Morgan, Rickman, Tennessee
Total TimePrep:15 min. Cook: 20 min./batch
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 50)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Spritz the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Place egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then in cracker mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place a few pieces of chicken in a single layer in the prepared basket, spritz with cooking spray.
- Cook 10 minutes. Turn chicken and spritz with additional cooking spray; cook until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear, 10-20 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken: 405 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Great Southern Oven Fried Chicken in What Can I Cook In My ...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.