Air-Fryer Southern-Style Chicken
Total TimePrep:15 min. Cook: 20 min./batch
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 50)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a shallow bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients. Place egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then in cracker mixture, patting to help coating adhere. In batches, place chicken in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket, spritz with cooking spray.
- Cook 10 minutes. Turn chicken and spritz with cooking spray; cook until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear, 10-20 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken: 410 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Jun 18, 2020
Very, very good. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your liking here - I plan to use more garlic and paprika next time. I had to fry in batches, but I kept the cooked chicken covered in foil and it stayed plenty hot. I took one star off because the cooking times are way off. I’m glad I read the comment that said to cool for 15 minutes total, as that worked out perfectly for me. Use two eggs!
Aug 17, 2019
This is the easiest chicken recipe! I crushed the crackers in a sandwich bag for even less cleanup. I used 3 chicken breasts and one sleeve of crackers. I still had lots of crumbs left over so will probably use half that much next time. I cooked mine at 360 degrees for 10 minutes then turned and cooked an additional 5 minutes. The chicken was perfect and so moist!
May 20, 2019
It doesn't get easier than this! Chicken came out crispy outside - moist inside - delic throughout! Note: I minced my fresh parsley with the crackers and spices in the food processor and used two eggs just to be sure it was evenly coated.
Apr 7, 2019
Crispy, tasty, juicy fried chicken without all the mess and grease. Absolutely delicious and soooo very easy!