Air-Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
My son loves this air-fryer chicken cordon bleu. My recipe has all the yummy flavors in a 30-minute meal. Leftovers freeze well, too. —Ronda Eagle, Goose Creek, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices deli ham
- 2 slices aged Swiss cheese, halved
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 365°. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook 10 minutes. Top each with 1 slice of ham and a 1/2 slice of cheese, folding ham in half and covering chicken as much as possible. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Carefully spritz crumbs with cooking spray. Cook until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 5-7 minutes longer.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce to medium heat. Stir in wine and cheese; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat until ready to serve. Serve with chicken.
Test Kitchen tip