Air Fryer Fajita-Stuffed Chicken
I had all the ingredients for fajitas, but instead of heating up my big oven I decided to try out the air fryer. Since mine is a small one, I wanted to get as much filling as I could in each stuffed chicken breast. This worked nicely by cutting slits in the breasts and then filling them. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Kerrygold cheddar cheese, cut into 4 slices
- Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, minced fresh cilantro, jalapeno slices and guacamole
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Using a sharp knife, cut a slit, 1/2 in. deep, down center of each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way though. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and seasonings; rub over chicken. Fill opening with onion and green pepper.
- Working in batches if needed, place chicken in greased air-fryer basket. Cook 6 minutes; top chicken with cheese slices. Continue to cook until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads at least 165°, 6-8 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining chicken. If desired, serve with optional toppings.