Festive Ham N Cheese Bread Sandwich
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese (1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Slice bread diagonally about every 1/2 in., not cutting all the way through bottom crust. Place loaf on a piece of foil large enough to wrap it completely.
- Insert the cheese, ham and onion evenly between every other slice. Combine remaining ingredients; drizzle between slices and over top. Wrap foil tightly. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cut bread between unstuffed slices; serve warm.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2014
Made for family potluck so cut bread into slices before baking. Used colby-jack cheese instead of Monterey jack. Lots of compliments. It was a bit time consuming but very good.