Favorite Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 18, 2019
Classic! My husband says just like the lunch lady used to make..ha ha! My only adjustment was a TBSP of flour in the apple mixture. Probably fine without it, but just my preference.
Nov 13, 2018
YUM! I was looking for an easy dessert one weekend and this was it! This apple crisp is so easy to make and it's really delicious. Served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Keeping this one handy when I need a quick dessert. A keeper!
Oct 27, 2017
Yummy and easy
Oct 12, 2017
One of the easiest apple crisp recipes i have found. Added a little nutmeg (maybe 1/4 tsp) and gave a little zing. Served with pumpkin ice cream on top, yum!!!
Sep 30, 2017
Wow is this good! Made it about 3 days ago and batch number two is in the oven now. Delicious my husband says more more more, make more, lol! Try it you will love it.
Nov 12, 2015
My husband loved it! I made it with 6 cups of apples and it was just fine.
Oct 23, 2015
Fantastic! Fast & easy. Will definitely make again.
Oct 6, 2015
I was looking for an easy apple crisp recipe to use up apples from the orchard. This was as simple as could be. I used Cortland apples and it was delicious.
Oct 1, 2015
This was just what I was looking for! Recipe was easy to follow, turned out perfect! I did double the topping, because I used a 7 x 11 dish.
Sep 27, 2015
Simple and delicious! My family loved it!