Zucchini Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 8 cups sliced zucchini (cut like apple slices)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Place zucchini and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes. Add nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon; blend until sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over zucchini. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 219 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 26, 2018
I wish you all could have seen my 11 year old niece's face when she learned there wasn't a single apple in this. The flavors are amazing and it's super easy to make as I feel getting the zucchini ready for the dish is less work than peeling, coring, and slicing a bunch of apples. I think next time I will use more zucchini to get a bigger veggie portion in relation to that delicious buttery crisp topping as I'm but of a health nut.
Aug 11, 2014
This is so good. everyone's reviews are correct, you would never know its not made with apples. I added a bit of maple and almond extract to mine, it turned out fantastic. absolutely will make again. I also halved the recipe and turned out great.
Aug 11, 2013
This was fantastic!! My family loved it. You would never know it was made with zucchini & not apples!! Fooled everyone!!
Aug 10, 2013
Jun 9, 2013
this really does taste like apple crisp. I took it in to work and they asked me how i made it taste like apples
Aug 16, 2011
I had tasted this recipe before, but when my cousin came we made it. She couldn't believe how much like apples it tasted--she made such a big deal about it that we had to tell my husband it wasn't apples. :)
Aug 11, 2011
Very easy to make and truly does taste like apples. No one would ever know! A great way to use up some of my bumper crop.
Oct 15, 2010
I HAVE BEEN MAKING THIS DESSERT FOR SEVERAL YEARS. MY HUSBAND LOVES IT. HE IS AN APPLE FAN. IT IS AMAZING THAT IT TASTES LIKE APPLES.
Aug 29, 2009
Love this recipe! I made this for potluck at work. Nobody could believe there was no apples in it!!! Now every potluck my coworkers request this! :)
Aug 28, 2009
Holy Smokes! this desert is absolutely fantastic. My family and friends were in disbelief when I told them no apples were in the recipe. I will make this forever!