- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and salsa; set aside.
- Place two tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with one-third of the meat mixture; top with 1 cup corn; sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers once, then top with remaining tortillas, meat and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forEnchilada Casserole
"Excellent recipe and so easy! I wasn't sure about the 4 cups of cheese but went ahead and used it all at my husbands insistence. We were not disappointed. I think the reviewer who had the idea of adding zucchini is a great idea. We have fresh zucchini starting and love the light peppery taste of small zucchinis. Next time I will chop some up to layer in. Before serving we also added extra salsa, chips, and sour cream. This recipe is a Keeper!"
"This was so easy and very good. This calls for ingredients I usually have on hand, and its cheesiness makes it old-fashioned comfort food. We love vegetables, so I'm going to add fresh spinach between the layers next time, or zucchini slices when our garden takes off. I don't understand the reviewer who commented that the corn was too much. I followed the recipe exactly and there was just a light sprinkling of corn that was not overpowering in any way."
"I made this vegetarian by using Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles. Delicious! It's a keeper!"
"Kids thought it was ok, I didn't like it. Not much flavor, Tortillas are soggy and difficult to cut. Will stick with regular enchiladas"
"This was pretty excellent except for the corn, it was just too much. I followed the recipe exactly. I used fire roasted corn from the frozen section at Whole Foods. I would reduce the amount of corn next time."
"Delicious and easy recipe that pleases a crowd. Made four of these for a big work lunch and it was a big hit with the whole team. Delivers good flavor without a bunch of time. Made them early and froze them until the day of."
"Great casserole! My kids requested enchiladas but these were a time saving alternative. Everyone liked them!"
"This tasted great the first time I ate it. It doesn't reheat well at all, unless you like soggy tortillas. As long as you don't care about leftovers recipe taste great."