Easy Black Bean Salsa
This salsa is a staple at my house. I can make it in about 5 minutes, so it's great for quick meals or snacks.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 4 cups
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. Cut up tomatoes; place in a large bowl. Add juice, beans, chilies, onion, cilantro, salt and, if desired, olives; stir until combined.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator. Serve with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to Mexican food.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 32 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Easy Black Bean Salsa in Country Extra July 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.