Dijon Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium; stir in broth, cream cheese and mustard until blended. Remove from heat. Stir in potatoes.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 293 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
May 11, 2018
Apr 17, 2017
Delicious! And so very pretty with the sweet potatoes in with the white. I took out at 55 minutes, but feel 60 to 65 minutes would have been better!
Mar 7, 2017
A unique twist on scalloped potatoes that we loved. The mustard gives it a nice tang and the crackers on top lend flavor and texture. I used Ritz crackers and I did feel they got too brown at the end - I took them out at 50 minutes, but I felt a few of the potatoes should have cooked the full 60 minutes. So I might recommend covering the potatoes at the end so the crackers don't get too dark - or maybe adding the crackers after 30 minutes? Not sure. Either way, I will be making this again. If anyone is looking for a good pairing - I made it with this Taste of Home recipe! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/german-beef-rouladen
May 25, 2016
Absolutely delicious!!! My husband raved over this dish :) It took longer to bake, over 60 minutes.
Apr 1, 2016
Will add recipe to my collection. Made last night. Both husband and I liked!! Topping was good, too. I did bake at 375, as that is what the meatloaf was baking at. I used all regular potatoes, as did not have sweet potatoes. I doubled amount of mustard, as we like that flavor. I did have a problem with the cream cheese melting. I used low fat so maybe that was the problem. Over all great recipe.
Mar 24, 2016
I made this recipe as written, my husband and I liked the potatoes, but didn't care for the topping. I made them a second time, this time I topped the potatoes with a cheddar cheese, butter, and panko mixture. This was so good. The third time I made the potatoes, I topped them with a panko, butter, & parmesan mixture. This was our favorite!
Mar 17, 2016
Can this recipe be cooked in a slow cooker?
Jan 5, 2015
I loved this dish. My husband dose not like sweet potatoes and he loved this too. I can't wait to make it again.
May 10, 2014
So easy to make, I doubled it and put it in the slow cooker for a family dinner, they loved it too!
Mar 24, 2014
I love love this. So easy to make!! I make this every time I make scalloped potatoes. I usually don't have the parsley so I sprinkle it with green onion tops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.