Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll crust; roll crust into a 12-in. square. Spread preserves over top; sprinkle with dates, walnuts and cinnamon-sugar.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 12 slices, about 1 in. thick. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 pastry: 155 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2017
Oh yum! These look heavenly, going to make some - heading off to the market for the pie pastry! Thanks! Might try with puff pastry too - will see what my options are since it is 2 days before Christmas.
Jan 24, 2017
We enjoyed this tasty treat! Simple to make with a nice combination of flavors. We found these are best eaten the same day they are made.