- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 slices day-old bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 7 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Add the bread cubes and raisins; mix well. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour and water until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over pudding. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCustard Bread Pudding
"Made this for a dominoes night. Everyone loved it. Will make it again,"
"very easy to makelove it"