- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups diced unpeeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice or macaroni
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon of butter; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add water, apples, raisins if desired, marmalade, lemon juice, curry, sugar and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Return pork chops to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork juices run clear and apples are crisp-tender. Remove pork chops; keep warm.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth; add to skillet, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice or macaroni. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCurried Pork Chops
"My teenage son was skeptical about this recipe, but it was a home run once he tasted it. He told me to definitely make this dish again in the future. Thanks Taste of Home. I wanted to try something new and different besides curry chicken."