Cube Steaks Italiano
Packed with Italian flavor, these mouthwatering cubed steaks from Jo Ann Honey of Longmont, Colorado are ready in no time, and cleanup is a breeze! “This is one of my favorite quick meals that’s fairly inexpensive and healthy,” says Jo Ann.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, tomatoes, onion and 1 teaspoon spice mixture in 1/2 teaspoon oil until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over cube steaks. In the same skillet, cook steaks in remaining oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Cube Steak Italiano in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.