- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham; cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCrustless Spinach Quiche
"I used fresh spinach as that is what I had on hand. This was a keeper. Every member of my family liked it. No leftovers!!"
"How can a one-eighth serving of this quiche be only 255 calories when a one-eighth serving of the amount of cheese specified is 312 calories"
"Excellent recipe. Next time I'm going to eliminate the ham as I don't believe the taste would be impacted by it, and it would cut down on the amount of sodium."
"My family liked it. Simple recipe and easy to follow"
"Really tasty! I subbed onion powder for real onion, and added about 1/4 cup half and half."
"Great quiche, we use fresh spinach. Has become a family favorite!"
"One more Keeper for the Notebook. This one is very light and airy. Cheesy goodness through and through. bake time was right on. Meat, cheese, egg,mushroom and spinach ratio Perfect * I had no ham so I used some bacon and 2 lone sausage links. I also used fresh Spinach. This is not just for breakfast. This one did double duty as we ate it for breakfast and Lunch. Next time I am thinking Minis * Perfect for Brunch Buffet.Taste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor."
"Very good recipe. I used Canadian bacon for the ham."
"New family favorite menu ! We all love it !"
"I wanted to use up fresh spinach and decided to try this. This is very good and no need for a pie crust, it holds together nicely. It was still good when warmed up for lunch the next day."