- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt and the remaining flour and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Fried Chicken
"This is by far the absolute BEST recipe for fried chicken I have ever made, and eaten! If you follow the recipe, the breading is definitely KFC comparable, however....as a previous reviewer mentioned......the addition of oregano might help. The only thing I did different was add a few more seasonings in the flour mixture---- paprika, Goya seasoning, some lemon pepper, and some garlic/herb poultry seasoning. I feel bad for Jennifer, because obviously she did something wrong and missed out on the best fried chicken ever! I will NEVER make fried chicken any other way...... this recipe is delectable! (I didn't have a deep fryer, so I used a regular 12 inch frying pan, and it turned out wonderful)"
"Great recipe, but you're one key secret ingredient in the breading to be close to KFC as you can get. That ingredient is Ground Oregano. As a teen I worked at a KFC and would often end up covered in the flour mixture, the one scent I was always able to identify, besides the obvious pepper, was oregano, which I can smell a block away because it is my all time favorite herb both in smell and taste."
"Jennifer you really should learn how to cook this is one of the better fried chicken recipes around"
"I love this recipe so much. The first time I tried it, something went wrong and it turned out pretty badly. But I love fried chicken and I had to try again. I have no idea what I did wrong that first time, but whenever I make it, it turns out wonderfully. So crunchy and so flavorful. Delicious!!"
"Absolutely delicious!! Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. It is kinda messy, but all good recipes are, so be ready for that.I don’t know why Jennifer is being a total b***h, she probably can’t cook, and I don’t know why Kimberly has to be so negative about the serving size, but the chicken is amazing!"
"Wow! Absolutely,horrific! Sally Struthers could even get the fly ridden children of Africa to eat that crap."