- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt and the remaining flour and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Fried Chicken
"Sorry but I found recipe very bland, would not make again!!! Followed recipe exactly..."
"I made this exactly like it said, but I forgot the chicken. Needless to say I went hungry that night. I feel like Hillary. I feel stupid just like her."
"I just made this. Because I was using thighs I increased the cook time to 18 minutes. The chicken was "popeyes like" in appearance. The kids and the hubs loved it."
"This recipe is horrid. I cannot comprehend how anyone could give this mess 5 stars. Quite simply, it was bland and tasteless. The former KFC employee is right -- it should be double dipped and at least 1 cup of flour should be eliminated. I hated the color of the final product!"
"My family and I liked it very much. I felt like I made restaurant fried chicken."
"It's ok but something is missing. It seemed quite bland. Maybe more spices or salt would help. Not near as good as KFC."
"OMG! SO easy and delicious! My go-to -recipe for sure. I adjusted the spices and only added a pinch of regular salt since I am sodium/salt sensitive. Two tablespoons garlic salt is a bit much."