This is a fantastic dish to impress friends with. They never suspect how easy it is to make. The pesto cream sauce makes it even more delectable than a typical Alfredo sauce.—Jessica Kempton, Logan, Utah
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside. Add cream to the pan; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cheese, pesto and pepper until smooth. Return shrimp to the pan; heat through. Drain linguine; serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pesto Shrimp Linguine in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p156