Creamy Fruit Salad
With crowd-pleasing fruits like apples, bananas and grapes plus crunchy pecans, this wonderful salad doesn't last long on potluck buffets. I never bring home leftovers - just an empty bowl. -Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups whipped topping
- 6 medium red apples, diced
- 6 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 3 cups halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, combine orange and pineapple juices, sugar, egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- When cool, fold in the whipped cream. In a large serving bowl, toss apples with remaining lemon juice. Add bananas and grapes. Add the dressing; stir to coat. Refrigerate. Fold in pecans just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 111 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Creamy Fruit Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.