- 1 small tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
- Spread mayonnaise over the muffin halves. Place lettuce, turkey burgers and cranberry sauce on muffin bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Turkey Burgers
"we love this recipe! The turkey stays moist and the combination of flavors are excellent ! I am making them for a party this afternoon and I know everyone will enjoy them as much as my family does!"
"An awesome burger and we don't even care for turkey burgers. SURPRISE, it was a hit."
"I can't believe how delicious these things are and how great my apartment smells since cooking them. I only had a pound of turkey, so I substituted turkey sausage for the other quarter-pound which worked very well. In place of the whole-berry cranberry sauce, I used some cranberry mustard on that side of the english muffin, but I'm sure the sauce tastes just as good. I cooked them on my George Foreman grill instead of an outdoor grill and again, that worked fine. I highly recommend these. They're like Thanksgiving on an english muffin."