Cranberry Turkey Breast with Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes12 servings (3 cups gravy)
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place turkey in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice, onion soup mix, salt and pepper; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup gravy : 318 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Dec 24, 2017
The turkey comes out VERY moist, much better than roasting in the oven. The gravy is amazing also and tastes so good on the turkey and mashed potatoes. Tip: I pull all the skin off to cut down on the fat in the gravy.
Aug 6, 2014
This is an amazing recipe as is! Lots of flavor and very tender turkey. I strain the broth to thicken for gravy. One of our family favorites! Cooked on low for 5 1/2 hours using a 6 pound turkey breast.
Oct 15, 2012
This is delicious . Easy to make and a keeper.Will certainly make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.