Turkey Cutlets with Pan Gravy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Mix poultry seasoning, seasoned salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle over turkey. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add cutlets in batches; cook until no longer pink, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining pepper. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 292 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 772mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 15, 2019
Tweaked it a little but perfect start when you have no clue what to do with turkey cutlet. I will make it again!
Apr 23, 2017
Much like 'TheQueen914', I too found this recepie to be a little bland. However, as I am not a mushroom fan, I used herbs to flavor the gravy. I usually prep weekly meals on Sunday. But this is so darn tender and flavorful that at 11:03 pm, on this 23rd day of April, I am enjoying what's supposed to be Monday night's portion. (Ooops). Oh well, I guess Thursday will have to be pizza night. :•)
Aug 28, 2016
I don't eat meat and instead made this for my guy. He said that this turkey and gravy was very good. It really was simple to make. If you follow the recipe step by step you should be very pleased with your results. If you need more flavor then add more seasoning to the gravy. I actually made this a few months ago. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Aug 20, 2015
Great easy recipe. I always keep turkey cutlets on hand for when I can't figure out what to cook.
Aug 11, 2015
This is a great recipe. I gave it 4stars because the flavor of the gravy was bland. If you are experiencing the same, try putting in the gravy sliced onions, mushrooms and a drop of gravy master. Put the cutlets back in the pan, on top of the onions & gravy. Let simmer for approximately 15-20 mins. Tastes awesome!!! If you try this, let me know your outcome. You will not be disappointed.
Aug 1, 2015
Loved it!! For some reason my husband thought he wouldn't care for turkey cutlets. I followed this recipe to a T, and he was asking for more. Thank you!!
Dec 17, 2014
quick, easy and delicious!
Aug 1, 2014
My husband and I loved this. Very quick, the only thing I did differently was cook a little longer. I used a gauge. I may have cooked it at a lower temp.
Jul 31, 2014
Maybe my poultry seasoning had too much salt in it, but I found these to be a little salty. Overall, it was very quick, simple, and flavorful, but next time I'll cut down on the poultry seasoning or seasoning salt.
Sep 10, 2013
very good, will make again!!