- 12 cups cubed French bread (about 12 ounces)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- Arrange half of the bread in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with cream cheese and spoonfuls of cranberry sauce. Top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Pour over casserole. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with additional maple syrup. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Cream Cheese French Toast
"Oh this is tasty! Definitely a keeper."
"Simple, tasty brunch dish. My husband isn't a huge fan of cream cheese so this was too much cream cheese for him."