Cool Couscous Salad
Tiffany Blepp’s cold salad will refresh on even the hottest days. The Olathe, Kansas cook combines hearty coucous and tangy feta cheese for a Mediterranean flare and tops it off with balsamic vinaigrette for a punch of flavor.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/3 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomato and couscous. Pour dressing over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Place lettuce leaves on two individual serving plates. Top with couscous mixture; sprinkle with cheese.