Contest-Winning Holiday Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, preserves, mustard and allspice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spoon half of the glaze over ham. Secure pineapple slices and cherries on top and sides of ham with toothpicks.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 249 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1776mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2016
The glaze is wonderful on this ham, and easy to put together ahead of time for a holiday meal.
Dec 25, 2014
I made this recipe last year and it was beyond a hit...it is now demanded. I literally am pulling my ham out of the over in less than 10 minutes and the house is filled with the sweet aromas and our belly's are growling.
Apr 15, 2014
this looks wonderful and want to try it, I am curious as to what kind of ham you are using. I never see 6 lb boneless hams anywhere except in the deli. Is that what you are using?
Apr 8, 2014
I made this before Easter so I would know how it would turn out and it was quite wonderful and loved preparing this ham. This will be our Easter Ham, thank you so much for this recipe!!!!
Mar 24, 2014
I changed up the preserves from apricot to orange marmalade mixed with pineapple jam I had on hand. Left off the sliced pineapple & cherries. Loved it and now make my ham this way every time.
Apr 24, 2011
not enough tasre to it you have much better
Apr 18, 2011
very easy and tasty
Apr 13, 2011
This is the glaze I have been using for years. My husband raves to everyone about how great my ham is. I haven't even thought about making a different glaze since I found this recipe. It's sweet, but not overwhelming.