Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery, carrot and onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and wild rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add long grain rice; cover and simmer 20 minutes longer. Stir in cherries; cook 5 minutes longer or until the liquid is absorbed. Just before serving, stir in pecans.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 238 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 22, 2017
Delish! Our family loves rice in any way it is fixed. This is wonderful as is. Try it!
Nov 24, 2012
A big hit ! made it again.It will be made often in our home . A big thank you
Nov 24, 2012
A big hit ! made it again on saturday. It will be made often in our home . A big thank you
Mar 26, 2010
A very colorful sidedish. I made the recipe as is and found it could use a little flavoring that would go well with the pecans. Will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.