Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a skillet, saute onion, celery and peppers in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a full boil. Remove from the heat. Quickly stir in rice, celery mixture, pepper, and, if desired, salt. Cover and let stand for 6-7 minutes. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 156 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 26, 2015
I made this recipe using Minute rice and regular rice. Definitely better using real rice!
Dec 5, 2014
have you tried adding a slice or two of bacon cut into slivers and fried along with those veggies.. aroma delight...lol, Lori
Dec 3, 2014
I have been looking for a delicious rice recipe and this is the one I am going to keep for holiday dinners.
Apr 1, 2013
My family of 11 loves this dish. It's not just for Christmas. We like to add shredded chicken to it, and make it a main dish.