Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- In a large skillet, saute rice and onion in oil until rice is browned and onion is tender. Stir in the water, green pepper, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 184 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 14, 2013
Whenever we have Mexican food, I reach for this recipe. I like it with the addition of red kidney beans as well and topped with shredded Mexican cheese - yum! We've also used brown rice with great results, too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.