- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until spaghetti is just tender. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChili Spaghetti
"Made exact to recope. thought it was slightly to salty for us. Will make again."
"easy preperation makes this recipe a good choice. Cooking the spaghetti in the tomato liquid is a neat way to add flavor."
"One of my favorite recipes!"
"Love it easy to make for a crowd nice twist in flavor"
"I have made this time and time again, and it comes out perfect every time. I use brand name ingredients ,including the tomatoe juice ( V-8 ) and make sure the spaghetti is cooked through. this recipe is a keeper in my family for sure."
"This was absolutely delicious! Full of flavor. Comfort food! :) I used the short pre-cut spaghetti pasta. Served it with cheese and sour cream. MMMM!!!"
"Holy [expletive] the best [expletive] chili ever"
"Made just as the recipe said.....not good. The spaghetti was dried in a couple of spots ,and it just didn't taste good even though I used chili seasoning. The ground beef I used was very lean.....maybe it was too lean to have a lot of flavor. We didn't like the kidney beans in it, either...they were the dark red kind."
"I like the quickness of making this recipe. However, it seems that it lacks something. I am thinking about next time I make it put some actually chili seasoning in it to really make it taste like chili. My husband and I agree we like the idea but it was too bland for us. I think it will be much better if I add some more seasoning."