- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine peaches, cucumber, 2 tablespoons preserves, onion, mint and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining salt. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with remaining preserves. Serve with salsa.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup salsa: 261 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.