- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- SESAME SLAW:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 20 slider buns or dinner rolls, split
- Place onion and chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, teriyaki sauce, sherry, ginger and salt. Pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 6-7 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sesame oil and Sriracha sauce until blended. Stir in coleslaw mix, cherries and cilantro. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/4 cup chicken mixture on each bun bottom; top with about 2 tablespoons slaw. Replace tops. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forChicken Sliders with Sesame Slaw
"A slow cooker recipe that yields great results! I used chicken tenderloins instead of thighs and doubled the sauce ingredients, keeping the sherry and salt the same. Instead of fresh ginger, I used some ground ginger. I did add a little brown sugar at the end of cooking to sweeten the sauce just a bit and thickened it by stirring some flour into a cup of the cooking liquid and then returned it to the pot. The slaw was delicious and I used sweet Hawaiian slider buns. Will definitely make this again!Volunteer Field Editor"
"So flavorful!! And I love the crunchy slaw"