Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown four chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 232 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 30, 2019
This was delicious!! It ended up taking a little longer to prepare than I thought it would, but so worth it! Thank you ??
Nov 2, 2019
This was good. Very good. I scaled it down for one, and that has implications for volumes, of course. I took one bite and thought, "Good but I need a bit more oomph". So out came the Sriracha. Really enjoyed it, I shall do it again. S
Sep 12, 2019
This was a hit in our house. I stuck to the recipe and can't say that I'd make any changes.
Sep 3, 2019
My family devoured this dish! The only change I made was that I used rice flour due to a family members allergy. I doubled the sauce and loved the tart fresh flavor! Excellent recipe!
Aug 2, 2019
Fabulous! My family loved it. My husband said it was restaurant quality. I did cheat and flatten chicken tenders as I had them on hand and they were great. Wouldn't change a thing.
Jul 11, 2019
It was excellent! For everyday or for special dinners. I have already passed the recipe around!!
Jul 7, 2019
Jul 7, 2019
Excellent! We loved this refreshing chicken dish made with fresh lemons. I agree with making extra sauce, and capers would be a great addition too. Served with rice pilaf, and green salad. A big hit--will be making it again for sure.
Jul 6, 2019
This was really delicious, came together fast and everyone loved it. I did make extra sauce and glad I did,it is so good-served it with angel hair pasta and roasted asparagus, dinner ready in under 45 minutes.
Jul 5, 2019
Serve this to company, heck. There won't be any left for company, this over the top delicious. My only tweak was to add a drizzle of white wine to the sauce and use a couple of whole eggs. We love sauce so I doubled it and may triple it next time to serve over noodles.