Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown 4 chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 232 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 11, 2020
Easy and quick dinner. Love the lemon flavor with jasmine rice and fresh steamed veggies.
Jun 11, 2020
We felt the lemon sauce was a bit too tart. I also doubled the sauce and added cornstarch to take it from watery, to a sauce-like consistency. Topped with sauteed mushrooms also. The chicken was moist, but could have used more seasoning. Dipping from flour to egg to flour lead to the loss of much of the parsley. I changed it to egg first, then ended with flour which worked out much better.
Jun 3, 2020
Super flavorful and relatively easy to make! It took my husband and I a long time to make this because the chicken we got was very thick and had to be cut, so it ended up making double. We could only fit 3 pieces of chicken in the pan at a time and needed to add more oil semi-often. This was totally worth all the work we put into it! Would love to make this for extended family.
May 11, 2020
I liked it
May 4, 2020
This is our favorite piccata recipe. I have made it several times and never a problem with it!
Apr 26, 2020
Delicious! Easy to make. Served with green beans and orzo salad. Perfect dinner!
Apr 20, 2020
Easy and quick! Definitely a keeper recipe. Delicious!
Apr 19, 2020
Fantastic! Fairly quick and easy for a workday meal. This recipe makes a lot! Especially if you pound the chicken breasts flat to even out the pieces. It's so much like Piccata, I almost wished for capers.
Apr 18, 2020
Wine Sauce was to Tart but other then that this Recipe was really good.
Apr 7, 2020
So the over all the recipes amazing flavors are great the only thing I would suggest because I followed the recipe as exact another egg because I felt like it just didn't stick right so I felt a little bit more egg to bind that flour and parmesan.