"I start by assembling Cheesy Rice with Peas, so it can bake while I work on the rest of the meal," she explains. I usually have leftover cooked rice in the refrigerator, so this side dish goes together quickly.
Recommended: 33 Ways to Turn Rotisserie Chicken into Dinner
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Rice with Peas in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p21
Reviews forCheesy Rice with Peas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review