My unusual breakfast pizza with salsa and sausage is a big crowd pleaser at church events. Try it with a dash of sweet and spicy Tiger Sauce. —Kelly Buckley, Norton, Kansas
Featured In: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tiger Sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in salsa and seasonings. Remove from heat.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press perforations to seal. Top with sausage mixture and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, milk, salt and pepper until blended; pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 23-28 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and egg mixture is set. If desired, serve with Tiger sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheese & Sausage Breakfast Pizza in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016