Cedar Plank Salmon with Blackberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + soaking Grill: 15 min.
Makes6 servings (3/4 cup sauce)
- 2 cedar grilling planks
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- Soak grilling planks in water for at least 1 hour.
- In a food processor, combine the blackberries, wine, brown sugar, honey, hot pepper sauce, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds. Stir shallots and garlic into the sauce; set aside.
- Place planks on grill over medium-high heat. Cover and heat until planks create a light to medium smoke and begin to crackle, about 3 minutes (this indicates planks are ready). Turn planks over.
- Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper. Place on planks. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2014
After reading the article on Planked Fish, I made this salmon without the sauce. Delicious! It's a keeper. Can't wait for summer again!
Dec 8, 2012
Cut the sauce recipe in half