Sweet-Chili Salmon with Blackberries
My garden is often my cooking inspiration. Because I have a large berry patch, I especially enjoy using just-picked berries in savory dishes to add natural sweetness and sometimes a bit of tart. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine blackberries, cucumber, green onion and 1 tablespoon chili sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets on greased grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with remaining chili sauce during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Serve with blackberry mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/2 cup berry mixture: 303 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Sweet Heat Skillet Salmon in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.