Sweet-Chili Salmon with Blackberries
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine blackberries, cucumber, green onion and 1 tablespoon chili sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets on greased grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with remaining chili sauce during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Serve with blackberry mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/2 cup berry mixture: 303 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
May 21, 2019
I adore salmon and BlackBerries but never would’ve thought of including them in the same recipe. I needed a very quick lunch, but I didn’t have all the ingredients. I substituted some chives for the green onion and some pasta sauce with poblano and onion for the chili sauce. The combination of salmon and BlackBerries is totally unbelievable. It’s wonderful!
Sep 7, 2013
Nice combo of sweet and a bit of heat. Helped to use our bumber crop of blackberries.