Caramelized Pork Slices
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tenderloin into eight slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; brown pork on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saute garlic 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients. Add pork, turning to coat; cook, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 3-4 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 pork slices: 198 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2019
OMG that sauce! I could take a bath in it! I'll definitely make extra sauce next time.
Mar 13, 2017
Fantastic! The glaze is so simple but I will make more of it next time I make this (it's so good you'll want extra)! I used pork chops but will likely try it on chicken as well.
Jan 23, 2015
awesome recipe, also very good with chicken
Oct 20, 2012
Very good dish; tender and flavorful and so easy. Nice weekday main course.
Aug 8, 2010
As Rachel Ray would say... YUM - O! This is my favorite pork recipe!!!!! DH and kiddos like it too.
Mar 26, 2010
This is my favorite pork recipe, I use boneless pork loin chops with very good results.
Mar 21, 2010
Very easy and tasty. I made no changes to it.