Caramelized Pork Slices
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tenderloin into 8 slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; brown pork on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saute garlic 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients. Add pork, turning to coat; cook, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 3-4 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 pork slices: 198 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 27, 2019
Amazing! Definitely adding this to the rotation. My tenderloin was 1.5 pounds, so I browned the slices in 2 batches and tripled the sauce. Used the ingredients exactly as written. I was afraid it might be too sweet but it was perfect. Super juicy meat, even when reheated the next day. Super simple, quick, and guest-worthy all at the same time.
Nov 10, 2019
Double up the ingredients was perfect for extra sauce. Easy to cook and came out perfect. Wife gave me two thumbs up. Thanks
Jan 15, 2019
OMG that sauce! I could take a bath in it! I'll definitely make extra sauce next time.
Mar 13, 2017
Fantastic! The glaze is so simple but I will make more of it next time I make this (it's so good you'll want extra)! I used pork chops but will likely try it on chicken as well.
Jan 23, 2015
awesome recipe, also very good with chicken
Oct 20, 2012
Very good dish; tender and flavorful and so easy. Nice weekday main course.
Aug 8, 2010
As Rachel Ray would say... YUM - O! This is my favorite pork recipe!!!!! DH and kiddos like it too.
Mar 26, 2010
This is my favorite pork recipe, I use boneless pork loin chops with very good results.
Mar 21, 2010
Very easy and tasty. I made no changes to it.