Buttermilk-Mushroom Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Additional basil
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork chops in batches. Transfer meat and drippings to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour mushroom mixture over pork chops; sprinkle with basil.
- Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 3-4 hours. Whisk together soup, buttermilk and remaining salt; pour over pork chops. Cook, covered, 30 minutes longer. Stir before serving. Serve with noodles; sprinkle with additional basil.
Editor's NoteWarmed buttermilk will appear curdled.
Nutrition Facts1 chop with 3/4 cup sauce (calculated without noodles): 376 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 836mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Feb 13, 2020
These were awesome! I didn't have the time for the slow cooker so I did in a dutch oven on the stove top. Came out great! My whole family loved them. I served over noodles. Creamy sauce and tender chops! Thank you for sharing!
Jan 19, 2019
Forgot to put mine on in time to use the slow cooker so I did it in the oven, browned my chops and mushrooms put in over with chicken broth at 350 for 30 minutes, covered. Mixed remaining ingredients and poured over and baked another 1/2 hour. They were tender and delicious and the gravy was very rich and creamy!