- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Maple syrup, optional
- Additional butter, optional
- Combine first eight ingredients. Whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Preheat a nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; turn when bubbles on top begin to pop. Cook until second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with syrup and additional butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forButtermilk Buckwheat Pancakes
"love all the flavors. I can use 1/2 buckwheat, 1/2 whole wheat and family loves them. Also coconut oil instead of butter lets you use less sugar. Really great taste - a hit with fruit and ham - thanks"
"Hubby who is gluten free loves these for breakfast. Serve with warm syrup and fresh fruit. Have even put blueberries in them."
"top score with a slight alteration ;)"
"I didn't like the brown sugar and spices in this. I like to taste the buckwheat. I use a little molasses to sweeten and like it best with yeast."