- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 spinach tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then roll in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Drain on paper towels; cut into strips.
- In a small bowl, combine hot pepper sauce and butter. Dip chicken strips into mixture, coating both sides. Place chicken in the center of each tortilla. Layer with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes; drizzle with salad dressing. Fold ends of each tortilla over filling; secure with toothpicks if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBuffalo Chicken Wraps
"Very good wrap. Will definitely make these again."
"used spinach instead of lettuce and it was awesome! We love Franks! Used store bought crispy chicken breast strips dipped in the Franks/butter and boy it sucked it up! Just make 12 of them for our crew lunch counter and they love love them too!!!"
"Good basic wrap and Blue Cheese is a must, never Ranch Dressing. slosh29....Franks Hot Sauce is nationwide and it is really good, also."
"This can be done with fewer calories, but obviously it's not THIS recipe. We marinate the chicken strips in buffalo marinade, then shallow pan fry with a very thin coating of panko or flour mixed with cornstarch for the crunch. We then lightly brush each piece with fresh wing sauce so the flavor is there but it's not dripping off. There are lower fat/sodium alternatives to the bleu cheese. Buttermilk is not necessary and deep frying is also a luxury most of us can't afford too often :("
"Man that is a scary calorie count too! Ok I guess for people not watching their diet. I won't be making it though. Appreciate, though, that they do have nutritional info so you can decide whether you wanna make it or not."
"Awesome recipe. I cut the chicken up before cooking it like everyone said. Great idea."
"I did not use a cup of oil to fry this in, only a few tablespoons and I only used 2 tablespoons of butter and it still turned out really good!"
"Just a suggestion.I am from the Buffalo area and if you want authentic use Franks hot sauce. It may be regional but its worth it if you can get it. Another good one is Anchor Bar sauce but I do know that is regional."
"I also cut my chicken into strips before I cooked them. Worked out great. My 16year old son loved it. Its going to be a regular in my house."
"My family loved these! The only thing I would do differently next time is cut the chicken into strips before breading and cooking. Some of the breading peeled off when I sliced the chicken and then more came off while tossing in the buffalo sauce. Also, to us, the shredded cheese was overkill since there was already blue cheese chunks in the dressing."