- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup cubed sourdough or French bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded white sharp cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Roast 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender. Reduce oven setting to 400°.
- Meanwhile, place bread, butter, parsley and garlic in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Place roasted sprouts in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, mix cream, pepper flakes, nutmeg, and remaining salt and pepper. Pour over Brussels sprouts; sprinkle with cheese. Top with crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBrussels Sprouts au Gratin
"Wow! This is one of the best Brussels Sprouts recipes we have ever had!!! I made this last night and will definitely be making this one of the go to recipes frequently! The only adjustments I made were to use Panko crumbs and melted the butter, but did everything else as specified."
"I never cared for brussels sprouts until I tried this recipe. i could just make a meal of this alone."
"ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS!! I jus started getting into Brussels sprouts and this was my first time cooking with fresh and it turned out with such a great texture and flavor. I feel this could be like a base recipe for another flavor."