My husband and I love bruschetta, especially in the summertime with fresh tomatoes and herbs from our garden. —Kristy Still, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef flat iron or top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into four portions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine first six ingredients; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle beef with pepper and remaining salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 4-6 minutes per side. Top with tomato mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.