My husband and I love bruschetta, especially in the summertime with fresh tomatoes and herbs from our garden. —Kristy Still, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef flat iron or top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into four portions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine first six ingredients; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle beef with pepper and remaining salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 4-6 minutes per side. Top with tomato mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 1/2 cup tomato mixture: 280 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Grilled Bruschetta Steak in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.