Broccoli Potato Supreme
My family insists that this two-in-one casserole makes an appearance at all of our special meals. Every bite is doubly delicious! —Jane Birch, Edison, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; beat until smooth. Fold in half of the onions. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, forming a shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of simmering water until crisp-tender; drain. Place in the potato shell. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 276 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Potato Supreme in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Dec 18, 2014
My whole household loved this dish. It was easy and delicious. I would take this to potluck and serve at family gatherings. It is a wonderful way to dress up broccoli.
Dec 3, 2012
The broccoli gave it a strong taste and smell.