Broccoli Potato Supreme
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth. Fold in half of the onions. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, forming a shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cook broccoli in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Place in the potato shell. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 276 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2014
My whole household loved this dish. It was easy and delicious. I would take this to potluck and serve at family gatherings. It is a wonderful way to dress up broccoli.
Dec 3, 2012
The broccoli gave it a strong taste and smell.