Broccoli Potato Supreme
My family insists that this two-in-one casserole makes an appearance at all of our special meals. Every bite is doubly delicious! —Jane Birch, Edison, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; beat until smooth. Fold in half of the onions. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, forming a shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of simmering water until crisp-tender; drain. Place in the potato shell. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 276 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 18, 2014
My whole household loved this dish. It was easy and delicious. I would take this to potluck and serve at family gatherings. It is a wonderful way to dress up broccoli.
Dec 3, 2012
The broccoli gave it a strong taste and smell.