Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min.
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, 1-1/2 cups cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper; stir in potatoes.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Apr 10, 2018
Dec 1, 2013
Good recipe. I didn't use nearly as many potatoes--maybe 4 cups cubed, which I don't think comes out to the 8-10. I did use the same amount of soup and sour cream though, and maybe 2 cups of cheese. I added ranch mix and I also made a topping out of melted butter and corn flakes (also with ranch mix sprinkled in it). Along with that I had some leftover cooked bacon in the fridge that I diced and revived in a frying pan before putting it on top of everything. Delicious! I only gave it 4 stars because I think without my toppings and ranch mix it might've been a little boring and dry if I had used as many potatoes.
Mar 8, 2013
I thought this was good. My company really liked it. But I don't like how the sour cream looks when cooked. Looks like cottage cheese. Other then that it was a wonderful side dish. I feed 14 people with this side dish.
Dec 15, 2011
The onlchange I make is I use frozen hash browns. It's more convenient. Also, you can use any condensed cream soup (I like cream of mushroom)
Nov 12, 2011
easy to make, the only thing i did different was add bacon bits. whole family loved it.
Jan 9, 2011
being from Idaho we eat alot of tators.try adding bacon bits and about a half a cup of frenchs dry onions.you can use the whole can of onions we really liked the onion on top
Dec 17, 2010
My sister made a variation of this recipe (a little more sour cream, minus the soup)...delicious!!! A great side for so many different entrees
Aug 11, 2010
it was very good. I would definitely make it again.
Mar 1, 2010
very easy and loaded with flavor
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.