Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 whole chicken breasts, precooked, chopped in chunks (3/4-inch) or 4 cups chopped leftover chicken or turkey
- 6 cups diced unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Combine zucchini and onion in medium saucepan, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes; drain and cool. Combine carrots, soup, sour cream and garlic powder in large bowl. Add zucchini/onion and chicken; mix.
- Spread in greased 13x9-in. baking dish. For topping, melt butter in skillet, add bread stuffing and seasoning packet and toss well. Sprinkle over casserole. Top with cheese if desired. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Feb 2, 2018
Sep 25, 2017
Very good, Must try if you haven't...????
Aug 11, 2012
Made this last night! It was excellent!!
Aug 10, 2009
This recipe is delicious. The family loved it. I added 1 cup of cubed cooked ham in addition to the chicken - was very good.
Jun 1, 2009
Can you substitute plain yoghurt for the sour cream? Or soy yoghurt?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.