Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 whole chicken breasts, precooked, chopped in chunks (3/4-inch) or 4 cups chopped leftover chicken or turkey
- 6 cups diced unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Combine zucchini and onion in medium saucepan, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes; drain and cool. Combine carrots, soup, sour cream and garlic powder in large bowl. Add zucchini/onion and chicken; mix.
- Spread in greased 13x9-in. baking dish. For topping, melt butter in skillet, add bread stuffing and seasoning packet and toss well. Sprinkle over casserole. Top with cheese if desired. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Apr 8, 2020
It is a great dish, one of my standbys. I haven’t found anyone who doesn’t like it, whether as an accompaniment or the main dish. I’ve even been able to sneak it by kids and teenagers that won’t eat vegetables. It is equally good with or without meat and using cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup (for the vegetarians like my wife). I’ve been making it for years, but this recipe comes the closest to what I’ve always done. I always sautéed the onions and carrots before combining. Sometimes I’ll add some diced sweet peppers (red, orange or yellow). It would be helpful to have the nutritional information available, although it tastes so good, who cares. I have a nice photo to share if someone can let me know how to post it or give it to someone to post here.
Sep 12, 2019
This is an amazing dish! lots of steps for preparation, but well worth the effort. I will definitely be making it again
Feb 2, 2018
Sep 25, 2017
Very good, Must try if you haven't...????
Aug 11, 2012
Made this last night! It was excellent!!
Aug 10, 2009
This recipe is delicious. The family loved it. I added 1 cup of cubed cooked ham in addition to the chicken - was very good.
Jun 1, 2009
Can you substitute plain yoghurt for the sour cream? Or soy yoghurt?